Friday, May 4, 2012

mango and honey smoothie


Bathing suit season is quickly approaching and I’m not ready.  I decided that I need to start eating healthier and lighter, plus work out (does walking my dogs count as working out?), to get back into shape and into my bikini.

My first change is going to be breakfast. My mornings are going to be brighter with mango and honey smoothies. Smoothies are a great way to start your day because they are energizing and filling.  Mangos are a perfect fruit for making smoothies sweeter and using honey helps to cut down on your sugar intake.


On weekdays, I don’t have a lot of time to fuss with making breakfast, so I freeze freshly cut fruit in small containers for quick smoothies. Use less ice if using frozen fruit.  Smoothies are really easy to make and super delicious.  They make a great breakfast to go.  I can drink my smoothie during my morning drive to work.


Now that I have a lighter and healthier breakfast plan, my next step is lunch.  Any suggestions?  I would like to know what you do to get bathing suit ready?

mango and honey smoothie
Adapted from Homemade, by Clodagh McKenna

For the smoothie:
1 cup fresh mango, peeled and cubed - link to How to Cut a Mango
½ banana, peeled and sliced
1 heaping tablespoon honey
¾ cup plain yogurt
1cup ice

Place all of the ingredients (add ice last) in a blinder and puree until smooth. Pour into a large glass for 1 serving to 2 smaller glasses. Garnish with additional fruit pieces, mint, and a straw.

8 comments:

  1. That looks so refreshing, I must pick up some mango's next grocery stop.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Alessandra! Ralph's is selling mangos for about $1 each...great price!

      Delete
  2. This is a refreshing and delicious smoothie for breakfast. Eating healthy stuffs and exercise would get you ready for your bathing suit. =)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Raquel - I plan on doing as you suggested :)

      Delete
  3. Good afternoon ;) This smoothie looks divine! BTW: I have nominated your blog for a Kreativ Blogger and Sunshine Award ~ You can view this at http://sandrarecipeblogsite.blogspot.com ~ Have a fantastic weekend...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very tempting display..:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks great for breakfast on the go. Very nice!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This looks like a great smoothie, very lite and refreshing. I would say that walking your dog is exercise, but a quick cardio will give you better results.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...