Saturday, February 4, 2012

mango goat cheese wontons


Well I tried my best to get an appetizer recipe in before Super Bowl.  Is the Saturday prior to Super Bowl Sunday soon enough?  I sure hope so, because you will sure score a touchdown with these mango goat cheese wontons.


I love the sweet exotic flavor of the mango chutney and the tanginess of the goat cheese.  These are so easy to make and bursting with flavor.

My caterer Paul from Paul’s Kitchen makes these and they are always my #1 request.  I don’t know how he makes them, but I think I figured it out.  They taste just as good!


Be sure to push as much air as possible out of the wontons to avoid the mixture of leaking out of the wontons.


These are so easy to make and requires very little ingredients!

Photon taken of my ocean view on 2/4/12
The weather is going to be perfect in Malibu for Super Bowl!  I can't wait - how about you?

mango goat cheese wontons
Inspired from Paul's Kitchen

Ingredients:
1 package of wonton wrappers
5.5 oz goat cheese
¾ cup of mango chutney, reserve ¼ for topping
1 egg
1-tablespoon water
Black sesame seeds for topping
Vegetable oil for frying

In a medium bowl, using a fork combine goat cheese and ½ cup of the mango chutney.  Don’t stir too much; you want to leave it chunkey.

Lie out your wonton wrappers on a flat surface; add 1 heaping teaspoon of mango and goat cheese mixture in center of the wonton.  In a small bowl, beat your egg and water.  With your fingers, spread the egg mixture along the edges of the wontons.  Now take the left bottom corner of the wonton and pull over to the top right corner, making a triangle.  Be sure to press and flatten around your miter to eliminate any air and tighten edges to avoid leakage while frying.

Heat vegetable oil in a frying pan until very hot.  Add wontons a few at a time, don’t over crowd.  Fry until a light brown and turn over and continue to fry about 1 minute more.  Be careful because these cook fast.

In a microwave, heat the reserved ¼ cup of mango chutney in a small bowl for 30 seconds.  Brush mango chutney on top of cooked wontons and sprinkle with black sesame seeds.

Enjoy and may your team win!!

4 comments:

  1. A Great recipe. Love the mango Chutney, just need to try to hunt some down.

    Dave

    ReplyDelete
  2. Do you have a Gelson's Market located by you? I can always find it there. If not, try the International/Indian section in your market. I get the sweet mango not the spicy one.

    ReplyDelete
  3. They look gorgeous! I like these too: http://easywontonrecipe.com/banana-wontons-with-chocolate-dipping-sauce/ for dessert

    ReplyDelete
  4. My mouth is hung open. I really want to eat these. delicious recipe.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...