Monday, November 14, 2011

shrimp scampi tacos



The hubby and I go to the Reel Inn Fresh Fish Market & Restaurant almost every Tuesday for Taco Night (and date night). We both consistently order the shrimp tacos. The shrimp is juicy, cooked in butter and garlic. Cheddar cheese is melted on a soft corn tortilla that wraps around your shrimp like a snuggly warm blanket. Top it off with Reel Inn’s homemade salsa, consisting of the right amount of heat, and you have one of the best shrimp tacos around.



This recipe is my attempt to recreate the Reel Inn’s shrimp tacos at home. My hubby and stepdaughters loved my tasty shrimp tacos and now I will continue making them at home…except for Tuesday nights.


Photo taken of the Reel Inn, Malibu
Although, I can make shrimp tacos pretty darn close to the Reel Inn’s, we won’t give up our Tuesday Taco nights! The Reel Inn is very family oriented, with its chalk board menus, picnic style tables, vintage collections hung everywhere, ocean across the street, and its exceptional seafood, Reel Inn keeps reeling you in.

shrimp scampi tacos

Ingredients:
2 pounds of shrimp, peeled and deveined
4 cups of mild cheddar cheese, shredded
½ cup butter
4 teaspoons garlic, minced
½ lemon
Salt to taste
20 corn tortillas
Lettuce
Tomatoes
Salsa

Directions for shrimp:
*In large frying pan/skillet, melt butter
Add garlic and shrimp
Cook 1 to 2 minutes on each side until opaque
Add salt
Remove and squeeze lemon over shrimp

*Note: If pan is too small for all of the shrimp, you can work in batches, repeating the process

Directions for tortillas:
Heat ½ of the tortillas on a large skillet or flat griddle
Turnover and cover with 1 tablespoon of cheese
Remove when cheese is melted
Heat the remaining ½ tortillas in the microwave until warm and soft

Directions for assembling tacos:
Take 1 microwave tortilla and lay on plate
Top it with a cheese covered tortilla
Add shrimps, lettuce, tomatoes, shredded cheese and salsa

7 comments:

  1. Thanks for the recipe. It sounds delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my word, these look so simple but very tasty! I can not wait to make these! Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  3. mmmmm! i LOVE shrimp tacos. happy i found your blog, excited to read your recipes and about life in malibu! :)

    x jenn

    ReplyDelete
  4. I wish I had this right now :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Mmmmmmm, this looks so yummy, I'm drooling on my computer right now!!!! :-D

    ReplyDelete
  6. Can't wait to try the recipe! The photo of the Reel Inn sign brought me to your blog- I see it when we drive through Malibu and wanted to paint it. As a huge bonus, I found your blog and this great looking recipe!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Can't wait to try the recipe! The photo of the Reel Inn sign brought me to your blog- I see it when we drive through Malibu and wanted to paint it. As a huge bonus, I found your blog and this great looking recipe!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...