One of my favorite dishes to cook is roasted chicken; It’s simple, taste delicious and is comfort food at its best. This roasted chicken is a timeless classic and is so moist and full of flavor. You won’t be able to stop eating the roasted potatoes which are crunchy on the outside and fluffy inside. This dish won’t disappoint.
Chicken is rubbed all over with olive oil and a whole lemon is stuffed inside the cavity for extra moist meat.
Malibu’s Farmers Market. Malibu Olive Oil taste great and is magical when used for cooking your favorite dishes.
Malibu Olive Oil Company is a family owned business that distributes California Organic Super Premium Extra Virgin Olive Oil. Malibu Olive Company currently has 350 olive trees under cultivation.
olive oil and sage roasted chicken
Adapted from Jamie’s Dinners
1 whole chicken
½ cup butter, softened
4 garlic cloves, minced
4 sage leaves
1 tablespoon rosemary, chopped
3 pound potatoes, peeled and quartered
- Rub the chicken inside and out with a generous amount of sea salt. Cover in plastic wrap and refrigerate for 4 or more hours.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees
- In a large pan, cover potatoes and whole lemon
- Bring to a boil, reduce heat; cover and cook for 10 minutes
- Rinse salt from chicken and pat dry
- Mix butter and garlic
- Carefully lifting skin from breast and legs, rub all of the butter and garlic mixture inside
- Add sage leaves under breast skin
- Rub olive oil all over chicken
- With a fork, poke several holes in lemon and stuff inside the chicken cavity
- In a roasting pan, add chicken and potatoes
- Sprinkle potatoes with olive oil and rosemary
- Cook for 1 hour, basting chicken with juices every 15 to 20 minutes and turn potatoes to evenly brown. Chicken is cooked when the thigh meat pulls easily away from the bone and the juices run clear